Practice Acquisition Consulting Services
You’ve finally found the perfect practice you’ve always wanted. Congratulations! You have overcome the first hurdle in growing, or perhaps starting, a practice. Next comes the serious work of negotiating and financing the sale for the best possible terms and outcome. Like some buyers, you may think you can handle this yourself. If this describes you, stop and ask yourself how many practices you have acquired in the past. If the answer is none, you had better reconsider jumping into this process on your own. To use a common phrase, “you don’t know what you don’t know.” This would be like a business owner trying to figure out how to prepare his own taxes, and I think you’ll agree, this is a bad idea.
Just as you help business owners with accounting needs, regulations, and processes they don’t understand, I can help walk you through the complex details that are part of acquiring your dream firm. Having negotiated over 1,000 practice sales, there is literally nothing I have not encountered. For a relatively small investment, you can avoid the many land mines that one can encounter when navigating this process. My consulting services include all of the following:
- Negotiating Terms & Price. Tapping into my 50 years of sales experience, I will negotiate with the seller or seller’s broker to arrive at the best price and terms. Given my familiarity with valuations nationwide, I can help you arrive at a fair price based on current market trends.
- Experience. I have decades of experience in every aspect of selling accounting firms and accounting services for small to medium-sized business clients, and I’ll go as far as to say no one in the industry can match or exceed my level of knowledge or experience—anywhere. As Muhamad Ali once famously quipped, “It’s not bragging if you can back it up.” He backed it up, and so can I!
- Legal Documentation. I will provide all legal documentation that is necessary to close a sale, including sample agreements for a letter of intent (LOI), an asset purchase agreement, non-disclosure agreements, and non-solicitation agreements, if required. This alone can save you the entire cost of my service. Paying an attorney to create a sales agreement could easily cost $5,000 or more.
- Practice Growth Assistance. Having helped build over 4,000 firms nationwide, I can help you build your new firm at no additional cost. You will have unlimited access to NCI’s Online Sales and Marketing Academy. This training program costs $1,995, but I’ll include it free as part of my services.
- Financing. I can provide an excellent source to finance the sale. Most banks will not finance soft asset sales, but I have several that focus on specialty lending.
My consulting fee for all of the above is $5,500 for firms valued at $500,000 or less and $6,500 for firms valued at $600,000 or more. For more information and to get started, call me at 856-304-1035 or email email@example.com.
Book an appointment here https://calendly.com/newclientsinc